On Monday we started our Fall Member Drive, and in my open letter to you all I said I would introduce the people who make Watershed Voice, well, Watershed Voice. Today I want to re-introduce the person who makes everything we do possible.
She is my right hand woman at work and my best friend outside of it; she’s the chair of the Main Street Media Group Board of Directors, Watershed’s office manager, and a pretty damn good columnist as well. So without further ado, here’s a little bit about Steph Hightree:
Name: Stephanie Hightree
Occupation: Office Manager at Watershed Voice
Your connection to the City of Three Rivers and/or St. Joseph County (Including how long you’ve lived or previously lived here):
– I’m a Three Rivers native
– Main Street Media Board Chairperson
– Co-President of PTO at Park Elementary
– member, lay servant and Ad Board Chairperson at Ninth Street United Methodist Church
– Wedding Officiant
– #MomLife Columnist
Tell us a little bit about yourself:
– Wife to Leif, Mother to Cadence and Nathan
– I love refurbishing furniture, crafting, and reading in my spare time.
– I watch too much reality TV and love social media.
Why is this project important to you:
This project is important to me because I feel the current climate of St. Joseph County and Three Rivers is not conducive for all voices to be heard. We have so many people who have very important things to say but they have no place to say it. Watershed Voice provides a safe space for inclusion and diversity, and it’s something we as a community have come to embrace and love.