The Three Rivers City Commission will convene for a regularly scheduled meeting tonight, Tuesday, August 15, at 6 p.m. at Three Rivers City Hall (333 W. Michigan Ave.).
In new business:
- The commission will consider approving a purchase order in the amount of $25,000 to Jones & Henry Engineers Ltd. for general engineering tasks.
- The commission will consider approving a proposal for a local limit study to be done by Jones & Henry Engineers Ltd. The study will be of local limits related to the Waste Water Treatment Plant (WWTP) and in conformance with its Nation Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit. The cost to perform the local limits evaluation is estimated at $18,500.
- The commission will consider authorizing a project agreement and resolution, as well as commit $6,625 from the fund balance for the Memory Isle Park improvements.
- The commission will consider approving a resolution requested by the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) to authorize city staff to submit permit applications on behalf of the municipality. This request from MDOT is due to language changes in the resolution with coordination from the Attorney General’s office.
- The commission will consider an approval for a purchase order in the amount of $56,250 to Conway Shield for the purchase of personal protective clothing for the Three Rivers Fire Department.
- The commission will repurchase two single burial lots (16 and 17 of Lot 4, Block 5, Allotment 4) at the Riverside Cemetery for a total price of $450.
For those unable to make Tuesday evening’s meeting in-person, the proceedings are available via Facebook live on Three River’s City Hall’s page.
Beca Welty is a staff writer and columnist for Watershed Voice.