The Three Rivers City Commission will convene Tuesday, October 17 for its regularly scheduled meeting at Three Rivers City Hall beginning at 6 p.m.
As of publication time Tuesday’s agenda includes just three action items in addition to the consent agenda (which consists mainly of other city/advisory board minutes), including public hearings for delinquent accounts and delinquent utility bills:
- Background Information: In accord with Chapter 10, Section 10.9 of the City Charter, a special assessment roll of delinquent Accounts Receivable was prepared and presented to the City Commission at its meeting held October 3, 2023. At that meeting, a resolution was passed accepting the roll and setting a Public Hearing for October 17, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
- Financial Impact: Collection of $5,089.31 in delinquent accounts receivable.
Delinquent utility bills
- Background Information: In accordance with Chapter 24, Section 2.129 of the City Code, a Special Assessment Roll of delinquent water and sewer bills was prepared and presented to the City Commission at its meeting held October 3, 2023. At that meeting, a resolution was passed accepting the roll and setting a Public Hearing for October 17, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
- Financial Impact: Collection of $7,502.08 in delinquent utility bill accounts receivable.
East Parking Lot Elevated Walkway Repairs
- Background Information: On April 4, 2023, Commission awarded the elevated walkway project to DC Byers for a total cost of $342,355. The project has now been successfully completed. One change order was administratively approved during the project and now needs formal Commission approval.
The additional work included grinding high points on the surrounding sidewalks to remove trip hazards and replacing the two sections of railing on the Main St side of the East Alley. The total cost is $4,625.00. The change order is attached.
- Financial Impact: A transfer of $4,625 from general fund to the east parking lot fund would be required for the change order.
Alek Haak-Frost is executive editor and publisher of Watershed Voice.